Mrouziya is traditionally served during Eid al-Adha.
2 pounds lamb chunks
2 cups water
2 teaspoons Ras el Hanout
¼ cup honey
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
¼ cup raisins
Ras el Hanout is a spice blend - including allspice, nutmeg, saffron, black pepper,
cinnamon, cardamom, salt, turmeric, and ginger
1. Heat oven to 345 degrees.
2. Coat the lamb with Ras el Hanout spice.
3. Place spiced lamb in a 5-quart pot with an appropriate lid.
4. To the pot, add the water, honey and olive oil
5. Bake in the oven for about 2 hours until the meat tenderises.
6. Remove the meat from the pot and keep warm. Remove extra oil.
7. To the pot, add the raisins. Boil until the raisins are fully cooked and the stew has thickened.
8. Return the lamb to the stew. Bring back to boil for about 2 minutes.
9. Decorate with the toasted almonds.
10. Serve with warm bread, or with cooked Saffron rice, Raisins and Almonds.